It has been awhile since I have blogged... for a couple reasons.
The main reason is that I have been stalled on my Gatsby blouse. Obviously I had tackled a project that is a little bit beyond my current skill level. I am picking away at it now, even though the Gatsby Challenge deadline has passed. However, I think I will post the completed outfit on the Dressing Downton Flikr group. The blouse and skirt were really more inspired by that aesthetic anyways.
In other news, I have decided to create a summer sewing schedule. Most of these items have the outside goal of being completed before I go on our annual family beach vacation in the third week of August. But obviously they will be useful for the rest of the summer as well. Here is my schedule month-to-month:
- Finish blouse for Dressing Downton outfit (Simplicity 1779 view D)
- Finish plaid-top Traveler dress (UFO from last summer/ Lisette Traveler dress view C )
- Yellow gingham circle skirt (using The Snugbug circle skirt tutorial)
- Chambray sleeveless dress (from Lisette Passport dress view A)
- Border-print full skirt (using Gertie's full-gathered skirt tutorial)
- Swiss-dot sweetheart blouse (from bodice of Simplicity 2442 view B)
- Chambray button-down shirt (from Lisette Traveler dress view C)
- Chambray full skirt (using Gertie's full-gathered skirt tutorial and wide waistband from another skirt)
- Re-fashion pink trousers to scalloped shorts (pants=too much pink!)
- Re-fashion black sailor pants to shorts, maybe replace buttons for contrast (pants= don't notice sailor button detail)
- Plaid summer jacket (from Lisette Passport jacket view D)
- Riley Blake Lavender Glasses print dress (from Lisette Passport dress view A)
- Aqua pencil skirt (Simplicity 2451 view C but below-knee)
I hope I can keep up a steady pace and get all these done by the time we go on vacation!
Do you like to make a schedule of projects you hope to complete in the coming months?
Are there any summer sewing projects you are excited about?
Have a great Tuesday!