Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mood Board: What's Inspiring Me

I haven't posted in a couple days and I thought I would check in and share a few things that are inspiring me right now.
1. Yesterday I watched the film La Fille du puisatier: The Well Digger's Daughter (2011). The film takes place just before the onset of WWII and is set and shot in Provence.

The plot centers around a rural laborer Pascal, widower and father of six daughters, and his eldest daughter Patricia whom he idolizes. At its center it is a story about the dichotomy between love and honor. The film was visually pleasing, as the majority of the film takes place outdoors in beautiful rural Provence among streams and hills and orchards and simple but elegant masonry buildings. 
With six daughters playing prominently in this story, there were plenty of simple, light, floral, 1930's dresses in this film as well.


Seychelles
2. Seychelles Footwear, BAIT Footwear, and Saltwater Sandals- All of these are available in some adorable summer shades and vintage styling. I am currently stalking all 3 online for sales and dreaming of being able to wear them in warmer weather.
B.A.I.T. Footwear



3. Dwarf-Hotot Bunnies- This dwarf breed of rabbits look like they have eyeliner on, which gives their eyes a cartoonishly large quality.
4. 1930's Storybook Print Fabric- These 30's feedsack fabric inspired prints just say spring to me.
5. Vintage Perfume Ads- I love vintage advertisements from before photographs were the most common type of image in advertisement, especially ads from the art-nouveau and art-deco eras. Perfume ads always seem to be the most whimsical and feminine.

These last two are some nice mood-inspiration for the Gatsby Sewing Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment